In five words or less, describe your photography style I can only assume that you have limited me to 5 words … based on my answer to the last question J Let’s see … 5 words (and, yes, I’ll use all 5): capturing life as it unfolds
 In three words or less describe your personality Fun, passionate, and personal
 Where is your favorite location to shoot for e-pics? Weddings? Receptions? I really love weddings that have a personal aspect to them – so ‘at home’ weddings are always a big ‘fav’ of mine. Unfortunately I don’t get to do them all that often. If I had to pick a favorite location (other than a home), I would say the French House (because it is a HOUSE). For engagement photos … my favorite place would be anywhere that I haven’t photographed yet. I love new places.
 What do you love most about what you do? I love the people. I meet some of the most amazing people in my job. As far as the wedding couples, I love that they trust me with such an important day in their lives.
 If you could photograph anyone who would it be? Wow … if I could photograph anyone? I think the Beatles would be fun to photograph.
 Skyline Chili or Gold Star Chili? Can I say neither? I am not from Cincinnati so I am not ‘married’ to either. Give me a salad any day of the week!
In honor of Earth Day... we'd like to share a few eco-friendly ideas for your wedding.
- Choose pieces in hemp silk & organic cotton (try olivia luca)
- Allow bridal party to wear items they already own (who doesn't have a little black dress?)
- Select jewelry that has been reconstructed/repurposed or vintage jewelry
- Borrow a veil, headpiece, comb, necklace from a friend or family member (it can be your something borrowed as well!)
- Buy your dress from a consignment store, ebay, preownedweddingdresses.com or from Brides Against Breast Cancer.
- Find a vintage dress to wear or find a seamstress to modify the vintage gown into something even more beautiful.
- Repurpose your dress into a christening or baptismal gown or even pillows when you are finished or donate it to a charity.
- Look for recycled paper products & those printed in a soy or other environmentally friendly ink
- Plantable invitations that are embedded with seeds. Guests can plant them after the wedding!
- Go paper free for the save the dates - send out an email with your wedding website.
- Use a wedding website or a toll free number for RSVPs instead of a paper piece
- Choose locally grown in-season flowers for your bouquet. Your florist can let you know what is available.
- Collect vases, jars & lanterns from thrift shops, flea markets & yard sales or buy recycled glass vases (alisha & lee's reception was amazing!)
- Donate floral arrangements to local nursing homes or hospitals
- Grow your own herbs in a terracotta pot & use as a centerpiece - then give to your guests to take home (check out cynthia & eric's reception)
- Use vintage wallpaper as an overlay - simply cut out various sized circles and place on top of the fabric tablecloths. (once again check out cynthia & eric's page)
- Opt for dried or silk flowers instead of the real thing (check out lindsay & phil's flowers)
- Use candles for ambiance lighting
- Rent a shuttle for your guests from the hotel to the church to the reception & back. It will reduce emissions by "carpooling" and your guests will appreciate the gesture.
- Use cloth napkins instead of having hundreds of custom printed cocktail napkins to waste. If you must have cocktail napkins, choose recycled paper ones
- opt for a vegetarian meal instead of the traditional meat options (alisha & lee had fabulous food!)
There are a ton of other ideas out there... please share yours!
What do you get when you pair a fab photographer and a brilliant make-up artist??? The fabulous PinMeUp Couture. PinMeUp Couture is the brainchild of the talented & amazing Tracy Abston of Pictures by Tracy and Michelle Richardson of a Vogue Idea. I'm so excited to blog about these gorgeous pieces! I asked Tracy & Michelle a couple of questions for the blog....
What was the inspiration behind PinMeUp Couture?
There are brides out there that arent the average bride, there are some that a regular veil just doesnt work for, and there are also those who dont want a veil at all. Pin Me Up Couture was created for those brides and also those ladies who love to rock a fun retro look. Pin Me Up isnt just a bridal company we also happen to love all the products and have been guilty of wearing them ourselves. Behind all the late night sewing are two girls who love to have fun and make other people feel great about how they look.
We also wanted to be sure that anyone could afford to have a couture piece for themselves, the prices range from $8 to $75 so there is something for every bride, no matter the budget. We also design custom pieces, we welcome brides to let their creative juices flow and we will work with them all the way to make sure they have everything they dreamed of. Nothing is too crazy or too simple - we love it all and the fact that everyone is different makes it that much more fun!
Do you have a favorite design?
The La Bella is a favorite. (first row below, first image) I love that it's so soft & full of whimsy. We love the birdcage hats & veils as well. Many brides are tired of the of the traditional veil. There is a vintage feel and it has an old Hollywood Glamour look that is amazing in photographs! "Vintage" is popping up everywhere, even in the bridal world... One unique and chic alternative to the tried-tested-and-true, is the birdcage veil. As opposed to the traditional tulle netting you see most brides donning on their big day.
Michelle & Tracy
Want more? Visit the PinMeUp Couture Etsy Store here!
Ari & John are getting married June 13, 2009 at the Cincinnati Nature Preserve. Not only will we be working with the talented Amanda E, but Ari chose the talented Katie Elfers as her florist and the brilliant Brian Childs for her DJ. Looking forward to working with such a great team!
Olivia Luca will make you a custom made dress for a very reasonable price. I've spent more time than I'd like to admit in the design studio & I'm already married. It is beyond fun. Choose the bodice type, skirt type, fabric & embellishments if you'd like. It is perfect for the bride who can't quite find what she is looking for. Bonus -many of the fabrics offered are eco friendly like hemp silk. Think you can't afford a custom made gown, think again! You can also design bridesmaids dress or even a rehearsal dinner or special occasion dress... have fun playing in the design studio here.
How stunning is she? And yes, this is in the couple's home.
There were hundreds of candles. We put them anywhere there was semi-flat surface.